Riverside Ford – see Indian Trail Marker · 1932.
Robinson Woods – Che-che-pin-qua Woods, Catherine Chevalier Woods · these three portions of the Indian Boundary Division of the Cook County Forest Preserve District honor Alexander Robinson (whose Indian name was Che-che-pin-qua) and his second wife Catherine Chevalier, reminding us that part of his and his wife`s former reservation is now forest preserve land. The woods are located immediately east of Des Plaines River Road between Belmont Avenue and the Kennedy Expressway.
Robinson, Alexander – on the west side of the 4800 block of East River Road, within the Schiller Park Forest Preserve, is a granite boulder marking the site where formerly stood two headstones of the graves of Indian Chief Robinson and his wife Catherine Chevalier. The boulder was inscribed: “Alexander Robinson – (Chee-Chee-Pin-Quay) – Chief of the Potawatomi, Chippewa, and Ottawa Indians who died April 22, 1872 – Catherine (Chevalier) his wife who died August 7, 1860 – And other members of their family are buried on this spot – Part of the reservation granted him by the Treaty of Prairie Du Chien – July 29, 1829, in gratitude for his aid to the family – of John Kinzie and to Capt. and Mrs. Heald at the time of the Fort Dearborn Massacre.” Robinson`s last house, built in 1845 on the reservation he had been given for his valuable services, stood nearby until destroyed by fire a few years ago .
Rush Medical College – bronze plaque on the west wall of the Cook County Medical Society building on the southeast corner of Dearborn and Ohio streets, inscribed: “Site of the first Rush Medical Society – (Est. 1837) – Building Destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire – 1871.”